Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mafia Party!

Outfit


I went to a friend's 30th birthday party tonight, and this is the outfit that I decided to wear:

What do you think? It was a cold, wet, Washington October day, thus the rain boots, and I had to wear the hat again, since it got the Stacy London seal of approval. As it turned out, we spent most of the evening playing Mafia, so it was appropriate. 

When I walked in the door my friend Brandi said, "You reminded me of a girl from America's Next Top Model when you walked in." I'll take that as a compliment!

For those of you who are interested in the breakdown: the hat was $2.80 from New York & Co. (80% off the already reduced price at their semi-annual sale, which I now never miss); the scarf I got for $.50 at a thrift store; the sweater was free vintage (it used to belong to my mother); the belt came with  a suit jacket I bought last year, so I am calling that free as well; I made the bracelets myself; the jeans were $12 on sale at Target, and the rain boots were $23 from Däv ($45 on sale and purchased with a $100 merchandise credit I got for $50, making them essentially half off). Altogether, this outfit cost a total of $38.30! Not bad, if I do say so myself. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment