Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Sweet Smell of Success
How I Obtained My Favorite Perfume for Half the Price

Ever since a friend of mine who worked at the fragrance counter of a department store gave me a free sample bottle of BCBG Maxazria's perfume, I have been in love. It's light, floral, and lasts all day long. Not to mention the bottle has a giant pink flower on top! However, I just haven't been able to justify spending $55 on a bottle of perfume. I know, it's not as expensive as many high-end fragrances, but still it seemed like a luxury. I asked for it for several birthdays and Christmases, but to no avail. And every time I would see fragrances on sale I would check to see if they had it, all without success. 

Until last Saturday.

I was perusing Marshall's and decided to check out their discounted fragrances. I had experienced so many failures finding this, the Holy Grail of discounted perfume, that I didn't really expect to see it. That's why when I did see it, I snatched it off the shelf and clutched it to my chest like someone was going to steal it from me. I got even more excited when I saw the price: $24.99. Yup, that's over half off. I wanted to scream and dance around the store. (Which I didn't of course, but I did do a little dance inside.) It just goes to show that sometimes patience and persistence pays off when you want to get a good deal. 

Here are some not-so-great (Hey, I'm not Lamb, and I don't have her camera) photos of my score:



Isn't it pretty? I've been wearing it every day since I got it, and I plan to be wearing it for years to come. In fact, I may never buy another perfume ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment