Sunday, October 27, 2013

Marni Hack
Don't have $479 to spend on one dress? Neither do I.

The other day I went to work in this outfit:



 When I got home, I decided to do a little online shopping on Gilt.com, and this is what I saw:


See the similarity? I love Marni, but could never afford their clothes, so I was super excited to realize that I had inadvertently copied one of their outfits for a fraction of the price! 

 
 


Here's the breakdown of the Marni outfit pictured above:
Dress: $497 on sale
Blouse: $292 on sale
Bag: $1710 (not on sale)
Total: $2,499

Here's the breakdown of my outfit: 
Dress - Jones New York $43.37 from Bloomingdale's on sale. 
Blouse - J.C. Penney $9
Bag - Bodhi Free from my sweetie for Christmas! (Buy in online on sale now for $107.40 from http://www.bodhibags.net/angelica-satchel-435.html)
Total: $52.37
Total if I had bought the bag myself: $159.77

In case you are no good at math like myself, that is 94% off - if I had bought the bag myself. Not bad! Have you ever found a fabulous and cheap alternative to expensive designer clothes? Leave me a comment and tell us all about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment